Call Today! 561-408-4203

Immigration Law FAQ

At Peña Law Office, P.A., our staff of accomplished Florida immigration attorneys pledges commitment and accessibility to all our clients. This means we are always available to answer any questions or concerns you or your family might have about any matter related to U.S. immigration law.

Listed below are some of the most frequently asked questions by our clients. For more information about our services and answers to your additional questions, contact our firm today at 561-408-4203.

I want to become a permanent U.S. resident. What kind of visa should I get?

There are many types of visas available to foreign nationals seeking permanent residence in the United States. For example, if you are engaged to someone in the U.S., you may qualify for the fiancé(e) visa. Those with relatives who are U.S. citizens may be eligible for family visas. Work visas may be available to those skilled in a field or industry. To learn which of the many visas is right for you, contact our firm today.

I only want to visit the U.S. for a period of time. What visa should I get?

There are three types of visas available for those wishing to come to the United States temporarily. They are: (1) the business investor visa, for those coming to the U.S. to invest in American businesses; (2) the student visa, for those coming to the U.S. to continue their education and (3) the travel visa, for those wishing to vacation in the U.S.

I've been arrested. Will this affect my immigration status?

While an arrest alone will not affect your immigration status, a conviction can. Depending on the crime, a criminal conviction can downgrade your immigration status and even result in deportation. This is why it is important to contact our firm as soon as possible after an arrest. Our attorneys provide legal guidance and aggressive defense for non-U.S. citizens charged with crimes.

What should I do if my visa has expired?

If your visa has expired, it is important to speak with a trusted immigration attorney as soon as possible. Our attorneys can review all necessary documentation and determine how to proceed in attaining a new visa.

What should I do if I receive a deportation notice?

If you have received a deportation notification, the first thing you should do is contact Peña Law Office, P.A. The knowledgeable attorneys at our firm can work with you to develop a deportation defense that takes an aggressive stance in guarding your rights and protecting your future.

If you have any further questions or concerns about U.S. immigration law, contact our South Florida firm today at 561-408-4203 and speak with our respected staff of Florida immigration lawyers today.

Contact Us For A Consultation at 561-408-4203.

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy